Wednesday, July 04, 2007

80/20 what is it?


july 4...


July 4, 2007
80/20...what is it?...It’s a number I assign to a potential trade whenever I find a price channel match, or a percent channel match. I have been successful 80% of the time in predicting the exact price the stock will bottom at....using channel matches....
20% of the time I miss by 2 to 3% and i have to wait a week just to get my money back...and then maybe one more week to turn a profit....
After I find a channel match..
TOOL # 1...It has to make sense....that’s when I go and look at the stocks EPS history...I look at yearly estimates only...Quarterly estimates are useless...
EPS trend is the TOOL # 2 second tool, that confirms if a trade is 80/20.( there are many rules to EPS trend too that I have to follow and will discuss at a later date)....
then tools #3 thru whatever ...include..RSI, slow stochastic, recent news (sector)..stock buy backs, takeovers, upgrades , similar companies...change in target price...200 day..ma..0.38 fib lines...slope of the 50 day...up or down...other people’s comments...

On another note.....would you make money buying double bottoms or shorting double tops...(only?) .well I have those trades to be 30/70....30% of the time I make money...and 70% of the time I have to wait two weeks or longer to get my money back...and sometimes it’s a total loss....
Here’s an example of a trade i did...
I bought GAS on a channel match....Price 3 or 4 dollars above a 4 month long double bottom....I had rsi 32 and a good price channel match...Then all Utilities broke down...GAS started to descend toward the double bottom, which would have made the RSI = 15... well i threw out.RSI 15... i figured ok GAS will test RSI 25....well i was wrong...Gas did go to RSI 15...that’s one out of a hundred that does that...

meanwhile EPS hadn’t changed, news was good, no upgrades or downgrades ...but the call went from $200 down to $20....That’s why this site can only obtain a maximum of 97% correct trades ....There’s always that 1 in hundred stock....so have i made any of that $180 loss back...yes i have... GAS has never gone below the RSI 15 price since that day...and I’ve picked up the $300 contract three different times and made about $120 back....
zee...
remember 100 to 1 goes the other way too....HLT up $17 in two days....CME up $45 in two days...those were posted right here....two days before the actual event....this is not a history site....you had be ready to move...once a target price has beeen activated...

3 comments:

vonpinscher said...

zee what is a good pick on thurs??
i was going to buy bx tell me what you think

zstock7.com said...

sorry richard i didn't get to the comments in a timely fashion....I've been posting at Beannies BUY BX...like 1.25 ago...
here's link

http://beanie11111.blogspot.com/2007/07/any-hope-for-blackeyed-blackstone-bx.html#comments

beannie said buy BX too...
you can Yahoo..IM me at holobots4@yahoo.com
zee
don't have yahoo IM...you should download it asap...

zstock7.com said...

and also in todays blog i have posted 10 companies on my watch list and they all look like buys....especially if you want to use up one day trade...
zee
you'll have the benefit of tommorows employment numbers and it's effect on the market...

EMAIL ME !!! anytime